You will advise our operations on contracts and other legal matters, based in Mississauga and reporting to the Director & Secretary of Creative Lighthouse Inc.
- Provide sound legal advice and judgment for our projects, joint ventures, and agreements with clients and partners in North America and throughout the world.
- Prepare contracts and other legal documentation.
- Participate in negotiations with clients, and partners.
- Build effective internal and external relationships using a collegial and consultative approach.
- General corporate and commercial transactions, technology licensing and employment matters.
- Co-development, co-production and co-venture partnerships with broadcasters and creative partners in Canada and other countries.
- Production financing agreements, including with Broadcasters, the CMF and other funding agencies, distributors, financiers, and other investors.
- The option & acquisition of underlying rights in target properties.
- The engagement of writers, producers, voice actors and directors for our projects.
- Corporate contracts, including lease agreements, management contracts, bank agreements, and marketing-related contracts.
- Provide guidance on production agreements, including WGC and ACTRA contracts, standard crew contracts, and contracts with music composers and post-production houses.
- Manage trademark registrations, copyrights and rights tracking.
- Provide consultation and support on key issues for tax credits, funding, and CRTC certification.
- Build strong working relationships with broadcasters, government agencies, clients, banks, and the creative community.
- Attend industry events when appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B).
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Three to five years of experience gained as a corporate / commercial lawyer in a law firm or corporation.
- IP and Technology experience required.
- The ideal candidate shall have at least two years of litigation experience in Corporate Law.
- Relationship builder
- Creative problem solver
We are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Job Segment: Contracts, Claims, Law, Arts, IP, Technology, Litigation